We continue to follow the rapidly evolving developments around COVID-19 and at this point, a face-to-face gathering in Miami this October carries unnecessary risk. We are excited to announce that CIO 2020 will be delivered as a virtual experience.
In accordance with these changes, we are modifying the scholarship program requirements. Please note, as we will not be traveling, the travel stipend will not be offered this year.
CIO looks forward to granting scholarships to fellows in training and residents enrolled in an accredited program at the time of the meeting in October 2020.
Scholarships are limited, please apply as soon as possible.
Scholarships Will Include
Complimentary tuition for CIO 2020 (including access to all live broadcasts and on-demand sessions for 3 months).
Eligibility for Scholarships
To be considered for a scholarship you will be required to:
- Be enrolled in an accredited resident or fellowship program at the time of the meeting in October 2020
- Submit a signed letter on letterhead from your program director confirming your status as a current resident or fellow in October 2020
- Complete the application form
If accepted as a scholarship recipient, you will be required to:
- Attend the full conference and the events designated as required for scholarship recipients listed in the Schedule of Events that will be populated below
- Complete a brief survey post-activity
The application portal is open, click here to submit your application.
- You will receive confirmation of your submission via email immediately
- You will then receive notification of your scholarship status via email within approximately 30 business days after your submission
- Once approved to receive a scholarship, a special registration code with which you can register for CIO at no charge will be provided via email
Applications will continue to be accepted until all spots are filled. A wait list will also be started. Please see below for approximate notification timelines.
- September 24: Registration Deadline — If you have been accepted for a scholarship and have not registered for CIO by Sept. 24, your scholarship may be forfeited and offered to someone on the wait list
- September 28: Registration Cancellation Deadline — Cancellation requests must be received no later than September 28, 2020. Please email your cancellation request to Caitlin Eastman at email@example.com
Schedule of Events
Tuesday, October 6
6:00 PM–7:00 PM: Industry Sponsored Session: How to use SIR-Spheres Y-90 Resin Microspheres for a Segmental Ablation in Conjunction with MIM SurePlan LiverY90 Voxel-Based Dosimetry (non-accredited)
7:10 PM–9:30 PM: Session 1: Liver Therapy State-of-the-Art
Tuesday, October 13
6:00 PM–7:00 PM: Industry Sponsored Session: Evolution of Dosimetry Using Y90 Glass Microspheres (non-accredited)
7:10 PM–9:30 PM: Session 2: Tips and Tricks to Optimizing Outcomes
Tuesday, October 20
6:00 PM–7:00 PM: Industry Sponsored Session: Advancing Clinical Evidence in the Treatment of Bone Metastases (non-accredited)
7:10 PM–9:10 PM: Session 3: Cased-Based Learning and Morbidity and Mortality
9:20 PM–10:20 PM: Industry Sponsored Session (non-accredited)
Tuesday, October 27
6:00 PM–7:00 PM: Industry Sponsored Session: The Clinical and Economic Value of Pushable and Detachable Coils (non-accredited)
This training presentation is designed to build knowledge on embolization devices for interventional radiologists at the beginning of their careers. The presentation includes instruction on and discussion of medical devices, embolization techniques, and hands-on simulation activities. Cook devices used from start to finish in an embolization procedure will be covered including access devices, sheaths, wires, catheters, microcatheters, coils and retrieval devices.
Sponsored by Cook Medical
7:10 PM–8:10 PM: SIO Session: Oligometastatic Disease: Offering Local Therapies in Systemic Disease
8:10 PM–9:10 PM: IO During COVID: A Global Perspective
9:20 PM–10:20 PM: CME Session: Utilizing Radiofrequency Ablation to Treat Metastatic Bone Disease: A Case Based Presentation
** Schedule and Required Events Subject to Change
The scholarships for residents and fellows may be subsidized by educational grants from: Cook Medical
For information regarding educational grant support opportunities, please contact Colleen Waters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609.630.6203.